Monday, December 2, 2013

November 27th, 2013

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been quite the adventure. The last days at the MTC were full of good things and it was hard to leave the wonderful district that I was in. I learned a lot more about the culture in Brazil and am super excited to have that opportunity to go there eventually. Once my visa goes through then I will be shipped there pretty much immediately. For now, my service is much needed in the area that I was just assigned to yesterday. There is a lot to do and I am super excited to really dig in!

So Tuesday was pretty crazy and I am still recovering from all of the traveling that I've done. I was up a 2 am Washington time to take one of the elders to the travel office, then I went myself to the travel office at 3:30 amWashington time. The bus ride was quick and I was at the airport and by my gate in no time. After my phone call to the fam., I pretty much cried for an hour...man tears of course. It was nice just talking to everyone that I met there and I met a guy who served in Brazil when I was getting some breakfast and he payed for my breakfast! I'm still super grateful for that. The plane ride went by quickly and before I knew it, Mount Rainier( i hope I spelled that right) was on the left of the airplane. Come to find out, it's in my mission! I see everyday in my area too! My companion and I want to go visit it on pday sometime, so I'll take a bunch of pictures. Anyways, I did some more talking with people in the airport while getting luggage and met my mission president. Then at the mission home, we had lunch, were interviewed and had a little lesson. Next thing I knew, we were off to the transfer meeting! I quickly met my new companion, Elder Wilson and we were off to get to work...finally. He is from Illinois and this is his last transfer! So we're in a competition to see who leaves first, I think he will....He told me all about the investigators and ward. We talked about a ton of other things as well. I quickly came to the realization that there was a lot of work to be done in our area! The Lord knows me well. We went to meet with Ian last night and went with him to the Stake President's house to talk about some things, because President Almond wanted to meet with him. It was a very spiritual meeting and Ian has a strong testimony. He has been through so much already in his life and is only 18. We committed him to be baptized this Saturday at 7 pm though and we're super excited for him. So by the end of the day I was exhausted...I just had a 20 hour day...so I guess that makes sense. I slept like a rock, it was pretty amazing. So my first day in the mission field was super great and I am on day two which has started out super great and I hope it'll continue that way. We had a training this morning and will have some activities tomorrow for Thanksgiving. So my area is an hour away from the buildings we go to for training and such...so we have driven a lot lately. It has been sunny for the past two days too and I found out how it gets dark at like five...so weird. I absolutely love the area, my companion, and this work. It has brought me much joy, which I am so grateful to have. It fills my heart everyday to think of how much the Lord has blessed me. He truly cares for us when we do all we can for him. I have learned to pray all the time and how necessary it is to progress and receive all that you need.

I hope everyone is doing well. Make sure to cheer for the Cats! Lauren and Kyle, I hope your move is going well. Christian and Jonathan, I love you all. Send letters! I'd love to hear how everyone is doing. In this Thanksgiving season, I am grateful for all of you. I am grateful for the sacrifices and prayers from all of you. I'm thankful for the support you all give me. Most importantly, I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and His willingness to suffer for me that I have the opportunity to return to my Father in Heaven. His life was selfless. It is my hope and desire that we all remember Him, especially as Christmas nears. His love for all of us is so great. I feel it everyday. I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you have done for me.

Love,
Elder Moody



P.S. Go CATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment