Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Weekly Email 3/17/14

It has been one interesting week. My highlight of the week...seriously, pay attention to this one...cockroaches fly. They seriously fly! I saw it with my own eyes! I have evidence too for those who don´t believe me. It´s on my camera though, so you might have to wait awhile for it. I´ve tried many more new things this week and I´m pretty sure I´ve tried of fifty new things easily. My favorite was this cherry juice(I think it was cherries) that came straight of the tree! We even went outside again and picked more off the tree. The mosquitos made a solid offensive attack this week. I seem to have bites everywhere. I find myself getting creative to keep them away. At night I put my fan at the end of my bed, then tie my sheet to the end of the bed. This way I can have the bed sheet over me to avoid the mosquitos and be somewhat cool as I sleep. So, if you can picture a fan running at the end of the bed with air being blown under my sheet, creating a "dome". I have to say that I am pretty proud of my idea.

This week has been full of ups and downs. On tuesday I went on an exchange with another elder, which went amazingly well. He was patient with me as I could only speak to him in portuguese. We had some more success with finding people this week and found three more families. We found a few others as well. It was interesting to see how this guy Rafael didn´t want to talk to us the first time we knocked on his door, but when we approached him later, he let us in and had a desire to quit smoking and be baptized. We just have to help him get to church and keep his commitments. That´s definitely the hard part here. We can find people, but we struggle to help them get to church. So, there was a miracle baptism in the area next to mine last week. They were approached by someone who had been to church many times before and basically asked if they could baptize her. So they figured things out and she was baptized this past saturday! That was a pretty cool story to hear. The language is coming along and I find myself understanding people more and more each day. It was been a trying week, so hopefully this next week is better. Oh yeah, my companion got pretty sick this past saturday and late that night he told me that he needed to go to the hospital. So, I have been to the public hospitals here at midnight, pretty interesting. My companion got what he needed and has improved ever since. 

To summarize it all...It has been one crazy week! I love you all and hope you all cheer for the CATS in the tournament, it just makes sense to cheer for them. 

Love,

Elder Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment