Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Weekly Post 01/28/14

What a week! We have been working hard and biking tons. We finally were able to contact a referral that we received in early December and they are now committed to be baptized! A mom and his son were open to us coming over and said they would love to be baptized. We went over yesterday and helped Jeff the eleven year old fix his bike up and his friend Alex was there and said he wanted to be baptized too! We have found that the southern charm companionship is quite the duo. We just love people! We have been blessed to connect with many people and have them invite us back and want to cook us dinner! I just love food! We pressed the pause button on teaching Frank and his family, because his unit in the army is going to be in yakima until the end of February. The people who invited us to come back for dinner was that DNC(do not contact) family and the nonmember husband was the one who wanted to make dinner for us! I will have a taste of Germany next Monday and am thrilled! 

We had quite the Sunday, because of all the less active and in active members that came to church! The chapel was packed! We were excited about that success. We had a tragedy happen yesterday, where we offered to give the mother a priesthood blessing. That experience has strengthened my testimony greatly when it come to priesthood blessings. The Lord guides those moments, every second of them. That night was the first time that I had a heavy heart as my companion and I thought about what they were going through. The amazing thing is the witnesses through the Holy Ghost about how everything was going to be okay and that the Lord was taking care of it. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything. 

Today we were able to go to the Seattle Temple. The peace that I felt there was overwhelming. How I miss going there as often as I could. The Seattle Temple is beautiful, but I miss the Louisville Temple the most. 

I hope everyone is doing great. I feel your prayers lift me higher everyday. I love you all dearly.

Love,

Elder Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment